How To Play the Game
Posted on June 15 2017
Haha for those who thought this was a basketball related pulse. Sorry NBA Season is over. Congrats to the Warriors for a well played game the other day. This post isn't about that game but a different game we play everyday.... BUSINESS!
I wonder how she got that job? How does she know everyone? DAMN, she is everywhere.
I hear these comments a lot today. In general, people are always wondering how the next person exceeds in their life. They often wonder how I get the opportunities that I have been getting.
Well, PRAYER lol.
Prayer is definitely one of my key strategies, but in this post I will let you guys in on a little secret that helped me succeed in the entertainment industry. In this post I will teach you how to play the game. So get your pen and paper and take notes.
The key ingredient for a successful career in this industry is….. drumroll please…..is ATTITUDE.
Here are 5 ways to fix your ATTITUDE for success:
1. Learn to bite your tongue. This takes a lot of skill and patience, but this is the perfect saving grace for success. Learn that not every moment needs a joke; not every situation needs a comment; not every idea needs your input; not every task requires a question; and not every criticism needs your defense. In this industry, silence can truly be golden!
2. BE KIND. Be kind to everyone: the janitor, the mailman, the delivery guy, kids, spouses, and most definitely your coworkers. Even when someone is rude to you, kill them with kindness because it will take you far. No one likes to work with someone who is argumentative or too sassy. People will remember your boisterous attitude even before your great skills. They will also remember a kind spirit and potentially book you for more work.
3. Say YES to everything. A person who is open and willing to help is crucial in this industry. A ‘can do’ attitude shows others that you are willing and able to learn. Most people enjoy being able to teach and talk their heads off about how hard they worked to get to where they are. Being able to say yes to everything opens doors for more opportunities. You never know where that yes can bring you.
4. Be the Entertainer. Being the entertainer means that you are fun to be around! You don't necessarily want to be the life of the party and look for attention, but a good vibe is everything.
5. Have a sense of humor. It's important to have a light heart in this industry. Show that you can take a joke and that you are not uptight. A person who is always serious is not pleasant to be around! You don't want to be the life of the party, and you also don't want to be a party pooper. Learn how to balance yourself in the middle.
People won't always remember what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel. So when you're thinking about success, think about how you can make the people around you feel happy and positive. With a great attitude, your opportunities for success are almost guaranteed.